Students at Landau Forte College are today celebrating another excellent set of A Level results, with many gaining places at top Russell Group universities and four students set to take up places at Oxford University.
Whilst last year’s results at the College were a significant increase on the past, 2017’s have surpassed that achievement with a considerable increase in the percentage of the prestigious A*-B grades.
Students celebrating this morning included:
- Isabelle Moss (Maths A*, Chemistry A*, Physics A*), who has gained a place at Worcester College, Oxford to read Chemistry;
- Ellie Burgess (History A*, Geography A*, Biology A*), who has gained a place at St Peter’s College, Oxford to read History of Art;
- Joel Footring (Maths A*, Biology A*, Chemistry A), who has gained a place at St John’s College, Oxford to read Biological Sciences;
- Maria Yasmin (Maths A, Biology A, Chemistry B), who has gained a place at the University of Birmingham to study medicine;
- Ellie Wymer (Maths A*, Biology A, Chemistry A), who has gained a place at the University of Sheffield to study medicine.
- Nabeel Hussain (Biology A*, Maths A, Chemistry A), who has gained a place at the University of Birmingham to study dentistry.
Alison Brannick, Principal of Landau Forte College Derby, said:
“There are some stunning results for our students today and I am delighted for each of them. These exam results are the springboard to the next stages of their lives and with so many going on to study at prestigious universities, their futures are very bright.
“It is always exceptional when students take up places at Oxford and Cambridge but likewise it is equally pleasing to have students achieving the grades needed for courses such as medicine, dentistry and the arts.
“I would like to congratulate all our students who are celebrating today; their hard work and achievement sets a strong example for our younger year groups at the College. Credit is also due to our dedicated staff team who continue to push our students to exceed expectations, encourage them in their endeavours and support them year-round.”