A Level Results Day
You will be able to collect your A Level results and/or Vocational results from 9:00am on Thursday, 15 August 2019. If you have any queries about results day or collecting your results please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts (details below).
More information about what to do after you have collected your results is available on the UCAS website. Our Sixth Form advisors will be available in the Conference Room if you wish to discuss your results.
AS Level Results Day
If you sat AS Level and/or Vocational examinations this summer, you will be able to collect your results from 11:00am on Thursday, 15 August 2019. If you have any queries about results day or collecting your results please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts (details below).
If, following Progression Day, your pathway is still to be confirmed, you will also receive your personalised Year 13 Curriculum Pathway Sign-up form. This must be completed before leaving College to ensure that you receive a new Year 13 timetable. Our sixth form advisors will be available in the Conference Room to discuss and ‘sign off’ your Curriculum Pathway form.
GCSE Results Day
You will be able to collect your GCSE and/or Vocational results from 9.00am on Thursday, 22 August 2019. Ms Brannick will speak to you shortly before 9.00am. If you have any queries about results day or collecting your results please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts (details below).
If you intend to transfer to Sixth Form at the College, you will need to get your subject forms signed for each subject you wish to study. They must be signed by one of our Sixth Form advisors before you leave the College. Our Sixth Form advisors will be available in the Conference Room to help and advise you throughout the day
External Applicant for Sixth Form?
If you hold a conditional offer for Sixth Form education at Landau Forte College Derby, starting in September, please call us as soon as possible on Thursday 22 August 2019 on 01332 386761 to speak to our Sixth Form team. Alternatively, please call the main College number on 01332 204040.
Post Results Service
In accordance with procedures laid down by the Examination Boards, the College provides staff and students with the facility to request certain services following the publication of results. Any such requests must be made through the College as individuals are unable to request these services directly from the Examination Boards.
There are a variety of requests that staff, students or parent/carers can make:
- Clerical re-check
- Review of Marking
- Access to scripts
Further information regarding Post Result Services is available here
Procedures for students requesting a Post Results Service
- Students who wish to make a results enquiry or request a copy of their examination script must do so through the College within 2 days of the release of their results.
- Students should approach their Learning Tutor in the first instance who will refer to the relevant subject leader who will then inform the Examinations Administrator.
- The College is likely to support this request in most cases and will then apply for the review. In the event that the College does not support this request, the candidate is invited to make an appeal in line with the Internal Appeals policy
- All students must sign a Candidate Consent form which will be issued with their Results Statement. This must be completed and signed before leaving College giving their permission for any results enquiry to proceed and to avoid any delay in submitting requests. The student’s consent is essential as following any review, there are three possible outcomes:
- Original mark is lowered, so your final grade may be lower than the original grade you received
- Original mark is confirmed as correct, so there is no change to your grade
- Original mark is raised, so your final grade may be higher than the original grade you received
- In most cases, the student will need to pay the appropriate fee as detailed by the Examinations Administrator. Further information regarding fees and deadline dates is available here.
Procedures for making an appeal if the College does not support a results enquiry
- If the College does not support a student’s request for a review of their results, the candidate can make an appeal in line with the protocol for Internal Appeals, a copy of the Procedure is available here
- Any appeal hearing will need to take place within the deadline for results enquiries.
- A final decision will be made and if agreed, an enquiry will be processed in accordance with the procedures listed above.
Unable to collect your results?
If you are unable to collect your exam results from the College on results day please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts (details below), as soon as possible.
Someone else may collect your results on your behalf; however you must ensure that you provide written permission for your results to be released to that person and they must also bring photographic identification. Please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts (details below) before results day if this is the case.
You are also able to complete a Candidate Consent Form, available here. This can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Results not collected on the appropriate date will be posted to the student’s home address (1st class post). Students should ensure the College holds their correct home address.
The College hosts a former Year 13 evening where you will be able to collect your A Level exam certificates. Former Year 11 students will be able to collect their GCSE certificates from the College in November. We will write to students with further details on this.
If you have any further queries about results day or your exam results please contact our Examinations Administrator, Mrs Potts: