Students at Landau Forte College Derby are celebrating today after receiving a truly wonderful set of GCSE results. After a year in which schools have faced unprecedented challenges, students have been awarded teacher-assessed grades which have been ratified by examination boards.
In February the Government issued guidance that this year’s GCSE grades would be decided by teachers in the absence of exams taking place. Staff and teachers at Landau Forte College have worked extremely hard to make sure that the grading for every student is fair and allows these students to take their next step – whether that is into sixth form study or an apprenticeship programme. All teacher-assessed grades have also been ratified by the exam board.
Remarkable achievements include:
- Gloria Joy achieved nine grade 9s in Business, English Literature, English Language, Geography, Maths, German, Chemistry, Physics and Biology and a Distinction in I Media.
- Luke Willoughby achieved eight grade 9s in Computer Science, Drama, English Language, Geography, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and a Distinction* in I Media.
- Rajveer Bola achieved seven grade 9s in Business, Computer Science, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, two grade 8s in English Language and History and Distinction* in Engineering.
- Elena Dark achieved 6 grade 9s and 4 grade 8s.
- Eric Marshall achieved six grade 9s and three grade 8s.
- Niamh Dobson achieved seven grade 9s and three grade 7s.
- Natasha Brooks achieved six grade 9s, two grade 8s, one grade 7 and a Distinction*.
- Alex Weall achieved five grade 9s, four grade 8s and one grade 7.
- Iman Khursid achieved six grade 9s, three grade 8s and one grade 6.
- Twins Katie and Lucy Hanson received eights grade 9s, six grade 8s, 2 grade 7s, one grade 6 and two Distinction*s between them!
Alison Brannick, Principal at the College said:
“We could not be more proud of this remarkable group of young people, it has been a pleasure to work with them! The resilience, commitment and determination they have shown in response to so many challenges has been inspiring. They fully deserve this excellent set of GCSE results. We wish them all good luck in their next steps and look forward to welcoming many of them back into our Sixth Form. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our superb staff team who have work so hard to support our Year 11 students.”
Sarah Findlay-Cobb, CEO at Landau Forte Charitable Trust, said:
“I am so proud of all of the students at Landau Forte College Derby for achieving fantastic GCSE results. Today’s grades are the end result of a tremendous amount of hard work by both students and staff, and I am delighted that these efforts have been so well rewarded. We are so proud of how these students have faced the challenges of the past eighteen months, and I know they will continue to make us proud over the coming years.”