As you may already be aware, this term we have suffered significant staff absence due to staff testing positive for COVID-19. We have done our very best to keep the school open to all students and we would like to thank the Landau community for their support during what has been a challenging term.
The school will close for the Easter break at 3.10pm on Thursday, 14 April and reopen to students on Monday, 25 April at 8.20am.
I wanted to share with you the latest information from the UK Health Security Agency with regards to COVID-19, this now states that young people who test positive for COVID-19 should self-isolate for 3 days.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) health protection in education and childcare settings contains an alphabetic list of infectious diseases. The guidance on COVID-19 is under ‘R’ for respiratory infections. Specifically on the circumstances in which a child or member of staff should not attend school, the guidance states:
- Children with mild symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, or mild cough, who are otherwise well, can continue to attend school.
- Children and young people who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and where possible avoid contact with other people. They can go back to school when they no longer have a high temperature, and they are well enough.
- If a child or young person has a positive COVID-19 test result they should stay at home and where possible avoid contact with other people for 3 days after the day they took the test. The risk of passing the infection on to others is much lower after 3 days if they feel well and do not have a high temperature.
- Children and young people who live with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test result should continue to attend as normal.
- Any staff who have a positive COVID-19 test result should stay at home for 5 days after the day they took the test.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, via the PA to the Principal Miss Walendziewski [email protected] , if you have any questions relating to the content of this email.
We would like to wish all our families celebrating Ramadan Mubarak and Happy Easter!