Online Safety – For Parents
The College is committed to ensuring the safety of its students in their use of modern technologies. Online Safety awareness is covered as part of the curriculum throughout all Key Stages, with targeted sessions also carried out, considering specific issues relating to Online Safety.
This page contains information, guides and links to services specifically for parents / carers. These resources highlight some of the issues faced, and how best to support your child in their use of technology.
Information targeted at students is also available on our Online Safety – for Students page.
Parental Control Guides
The College has compiled a collection of ‘step by step’ guides provided by Internet Matters, outlining how parents can implement parental controls for a variety of devices, Internet Service Providers, content providers and gaming consoles and services.
Official Support Centres
The College has compiled a list of official resources for Parents for commonly used apps or services.
- Facebook Parent Portal – https://www.facebook.com/safety/parents
- Google Safety Center – https://www.google.com/safetycenter
- Instagram Tips for Parents – https://help.instagram.com/154475974694511/
- Twitter Safety – https://about.twitter.com/en_gb/safety.html
- Musical.ly for Parents – https://support.musical.ly/knowledge-base/for-parents/
- Kik Tips for Parents – https://help.kik.com/hc/en-us/sections/204000008-Tips-for-Parents-
- Snapchat Safety Centre – https://www.snapchat.com/l/en-gb/safety/
- Ask.FM Safety – https://safety.ask.fm/parents-guide-to-ask-fm/
- Get Safe Online – http://www.getsafeonline.org/
- ChildNet International – http://www.childnet.com/
- NetSmartz Workshop – http://www.netsmartz.org/Parents
- ThinkUknow – https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- UKCCIS – Advice for Child Internet Safety
- CEOP YouTube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/ceop
- Internet Matters – http://www.internetmatters.org
- NSPCC Online Safety – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
The link below gives some brief instructions on how to set parental controls on some popular games consoles:
Please Note: Landau Forte College Derby is not responsible for content on external websites.