Students should normally be aged between 11 and 12 years on the 1 September in the year of entry. Applications for a place at the College MUST be made via the Local Authority in which you live. For most applicants this will be to Derby City Council.
The details below relate to Year 7 admissions only. Information about Sixth Form (Year 12) admissions is available on our Sixth Form website.
When should I apply?
- The applications process opens around the middle of September.
- The closing date for applications is the end of October.
Exact opening and closing dates can be found on the Council’s website.
How do I apply?
You can apply online via the Council’s website: Online Application Form
You can complete an application via telephone: 01332 642727
Alternatively you can complete a paper form and post it to the Council: Paper Application Form
If you have any questions about your application please call the Council’s Secondary School Admissions department on 01332 642727.
When will I receive my secondary school offer?
- If you made your application online you will receive your offer at the beginning of March, usually the 1st March.
- If you applied via post or over the telephone, your offer will be posted to you at the beginning of March, usually on the 1st March. Offers are sent second-class so you should receive it within 7 days.
- If you don’t receive your offer you should call the Council’s Secondary School Admissions department on 01332 642727.
In Year Admissions
Applications for College places ‘In Year’ are for admission during the school year into any year group, other than the normal point of entry.
If you wish to apply for a place at the College you should complete the above form and return to the PA to the Principa, [email protected] , requesting that your child is admitted to the College. You should be aware that Landau Forte College has a published admission number of 196.
The school will process your application within 15 school days and provide a decision letter to the applicant/s detailing the decision re admission to the school, including the reason for refusal and, if appropriate, information about the right to appeal if refused. On request, the PA to the Principal, Miss Walendziewski [email protected] , will issue you an Admissions Appeal Information Pack. You may also request for your child to be placed on the College’s waiting list.