Landau Forte College’s House system is a key aspect of our school. Every student and staff member is a member of a house. We believe the house system develops a strong sense of belonging and the key skills of team work and collegiality. The annual house competition creates real excitement across the College. Students can participate in a wide variety of competitions to win house points for their house. House competitions include The Landau Bake Off, Landau’s Got Talent, charity fundraising events, sports competitions, Accelerated Reader, poetry and creative writing competitions and the weekly maths challenge. The house with the most points is crowned winner of our annual competition. Liberty House won the very first annual competition in 2019!
The names of the five houses were created by one of our students and therefore we can honestly say the house system was created by students for students!
The houses are;
Every student and staff member wears a lanyard in the colour of their house.
Students are also awarded house points for the following;
- Single, substantial pieces of outstanding or exceptional classwork or homework
- Impressive and consistently excellent work over a module or unit of study
- Overcoming barriers/difficulties to learning/achieving
- Significant acts of charity/citizenship
- Role-modelling College values as depicted by the House categories