Examinations are an integral part of student learning at the College. Students are supported and prepared for all examinations appropriately. Our excellent reputation with the Awarding Bodies is maintained by our strict adherence to assessment processes and procedures.
Specific arrangements for students with individual needs can be put in place to ensure they can access an assessment. This will give them a level playing field in which to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding.
The College has established a strong reputation for the consistently high level examination achievements of its students. We are fully committed to the principle of continuous improvement and are constantly striving to further improve our performance ensuring that we maintain our distinctive culture and ethos and our strong partnerships with the world of business and industry.
Year 11 examination results
|Percentage of students achieving 5 or above in English and Mathematics||51%||59%||58%||64%|
|Percentage of students achieving 4 or above in English and Mathematics||72%||78%||82%||77%|
|Percentage of disadvantaged students achieving 5 or above in English and Mathematics||43%||55%||38%||54%|
|Percentage of disadvantaged students achieving 4 or above in English and Mathematics||59%||76%||82%||70%|
|Progress 8 score||+0.37||+0.53||+0.66||+0.71|
|Attainment 8 score||51.4||54.68||55.91||55.8|
|Disadvantaged students' Progress 8 score||+0.27||+0.44||+0.27||+0.66|
|Disadvantaged students' Attainment 8 score||49.31||52.65||53.31||52.5|
|Percentage of pupils entering the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) combination of subjects||21%||54%||50%||54%|
|Average EBacc APS score per pupil||-||-||5.04||5.1|
|Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) combination of subjects||18%||45%||40%||38%|
|The percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Year 13 examination results
Level 3 Value Added Data (Un-Validated)
|Value Added score||+0.16||+0.25||+0.17||+0.41|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.04||+0.11||+0.02||+0.27|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.28||+0.4||+0.31||+0.56|
|Number of A level entries||346||234||240||232|
|Value Added score||+0.18||+0.28||+0.17||+0.44|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.06||+0.14||+0.03||0.3|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.3||+0.42||+0.3||0.58|
|Number of academic entries||380||253||251||261|
|Value Added score||+0.52||+0.41||+0.31||+0.27|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.29||+0.21||+0.13||+0.1|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.75||+0.61||+0.49||+0.44|
|Number of applied general entries||103||68||83||99|
External AS and A Level examinations.
- Monday, 5 October – Friday, 23 October (inclusive)
External GCSE examinations.
- Monday, 2 November – Wednesday, 27 November (inclusive)
External BTEC examinations.
- Monday, 4 January – Wednesday, 20 January (inclusive)
External English & PA examinations.
- Monday, 1 February – Friday, 5 February (inclusive)
External BTEC examinations.
- Monday, 19 April – Friday, 7 May (inclusive)
External GCSE Art examination.
- Wednesday, 21 April – Friday, 23 April (inclusive)
External GCE Art examination.
- Wednesday, 5 May – Friday, 7 May (inclusive)
Main External examinations.
- Monday 17, May – Friday, 18 June TBA
Internal Trial Examinations
The examinations below are for Years 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- Term 1
- Year 11 1st Trial Examinations: W/c 7 September
- Year 13 1st Trial Examinations: W/c 28 August
- Term 2
- Year 11 Trial Art Examination: Tuesday, 3 November – Friday, 6 November
- Term 3
- Year 11 2nd Trial Examinations: W/c 4 January
- Year 12 Mid year Trial Examinations: W/c 8 February
- Year 13 2nd Trial Examinations: W/c 11 January
- Term 4
- Year 11 Final Trial Examinations: W/c 15 March
- Year 13 Final Trial Examinations: W/c 29 March
- Term 5
- Year 10 End of year Trial Examinations: W/c 7 June
- Year 12 End of year Trial Examinations: W/c 7 June
Latest Examination Timetable
Students will be issued with their own ‘Individual Provisional Examination Timetable’ during Term 3. Subsequently students and parent/carers will receive a ‘FINAL Individual Examination Timetable’ during Term 4 which will provide precise dates, times and venues as these can vary on an individual basis.
Students MUST refer to their own Final Timetable for information and not rely on any other sources of information.
We are unable to supply any individual examination dates until Provisional Exam Timetables are issued to students in February.
The dates of the external examinations given on these pages are taken from the timetables published by the Awarding Bodies and as such the College cannot accept any liability for problems arising from errors or omissions of these dates.
For the most up-to-date examination information follow the links above to the Awarding Body websites.
Entry to Examinations
- College dress must be worn at ALL times
- ALL students must arrive fully prepared and equipped for their examinations.
- Year 13 students must attend College for morning examinations by 08:30 latest and for afternoon examination at least 1 hour prior to the start of their examination. Students must use the electronic registration system to record their arrival/departure.
- Year 12 students who are undertaking external examinations are required to follow their normal timetable and will receive further information Term 4 regarding any revision leave allowed.
- Year 11 students will be issued with a personalised Examination Organiser which will detail the compulsory examination preparation sessions they are required to attend.
- Any LATENESS to the examinations could jeopardise their work being accepted by the Awarding Bodies.
- If, prior to or on the day of any examination, a student feels that their work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, they must report this immediately to the Examination Officer. The student should NOT report to any exam room or invigilator they must always, in the first instance, speak to the Examination Officer.
Regulations & Guidance and Information for Candidates
- It is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Regulations and Guidance for Candidates Booklet
- Failure to abide by these Regulations could result in disqualification
Collecting your results
Our latest examination results are available to view online or download from our Examination Results page.
Results Days for Summer Examinations
- Year 13 (GCE/Vocational – Level 3)
Thursday, 10 August 2021 – time to be confirmed
- Year 12 (GCE/Vocational – Level 3)
Thursday, 10 August 2021 – time to be confirmed
- Year 11 (GCSE/Vocational – Levels 1 & 2)
Thursday, 12 August 2021 – time to be confirmed
Any student who is unable to collect their results on the appropriate date should make prior arrangements with the Examination Office by completing the Candidate Consent Form, see below, and return by email to [email protected]. The Consent form must be signed and returned before the end of the academic year (Friday, 19 July). The College will be unable to issue any student’s results to any other representative without a completed Consent form. Results not collected on the appropriate date will be posted to the student’s home address (1st class post). Students should ensure the College holds their correct home address.
As I am sure you are aware, due to current Government restrictions, we will not be able to host the Former Year 13 Presentation Evening this year and certificates will instead be posted out by recorded delivery at the beginning of December 2020. A letter has been posted home to students, please confirm on the reply slip the home address for certificates to be sent to and return either by post to Miss Lauren Walendziewski (PA to the Principal) or at [email protected]
GCE/GCSE/Vocational certificates prior to the current academic year can be collected from Mrs N Murton. Please call the College (01332 204040) or email [email protected] to arrange collection. These must be collected by the student and signed for. Alternatively they can be collected by a nominated person with a signed and dated note from the student.
Unfortunately Landau Forte College Derby cannot deal with any requests for replacement certificates.
Students must apply direct to the appropriate Awarding Body. Details and costs can be found on the relevant websites via these links