Examinations are an integral part of student learning at the College. Students are supported and prepared for all examinations appropriately. Our excellent reputation with the Awarding Bodies is maintained by our strict adherence to assessment processes and procedures.
Specific arrangements for students with individual needs can be put in place to ensure they can access an assessment. This will give them a level playing field in which to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding.
Re-sit opportunities in Term 2 for Maths and English Language only.
- Monday, 31 October – Friday, 4 November (inclusive)
Main external examinations begin:
- Monday, 15 May – Friday, 30 June (inclusive)
- Monday, 22 May – Friday, 26 May: May Inset Week – Students need to attend examinations during this week
- Monday, 29 May – Friday, 2 June: Spring Bank Holiday Week – No examinations
Internal Summative Assessment Points (SAP) Examinations
These SAP examinations are for Years 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- October 2016 – Year 12 [Initial Assessments]
W/c Monday, 10 October
- November 2016 – Year 11 [Term 2 Examinations]
W/c Monday, 31 October
- December 2016 – Year 13 [Mid year Trial Examinations]
W/c Monday, 12 December
- January 2017 – Year 11 [Mid year Trial Examinations]
W/c Monday, 9 January
- February 2017 – Year 12 [Mid year Trial Examinations]
W/c Monday, 13 February
- March 2017 – Year 13 [Final Trial Examinations]
W/c Monday, 13 March
- March 2017 – Year 11 [Final Trial Examinations]
W/c Monday, 20 March
- June 2017 – Year 12 [End of year Examinations]
W/c Monday, 19 June
- June 2017 – Year 10 [End of year Examinations]
W/c Monday, 26 June
Latest Examination Timetable
The Summer 2017 examinations timetable is available to download below. Students should refer to their own Individual Examination Timetable for precise dates, start times and full details.
We are unable to supply any individual examination dates until Provisional Exam Timetables are issued to students in February 2017. Subsequently there will be a Final Individual Examination Timetable issued which will provide precise times and venues as these can vary on an individual basis.
The dates of the external examinations given on these pages are taken from the timetables published by the Awarding Bodies and as such the College cannot accept any liability for problems arising from errors or omissions of these dates.
For the most up-to-date examination information follow the links above to the Awarding Body websites.
Entry to Examinations
- College dress must be worn at ALL times.
- Students should also arrive fully prepared and equipped at least 30 minutes before the start time of the examination. Any lateness can jeopardise their work being accepted by the Awarding Bodies.
- If, prior to or on the day of any examination, a student feels that their work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, they must report this immediately to the Examination Officer. The student should NOT report to any exam room or invigilator they must always, in the first instance, speak to the Examination Officer.
Regulations & Guidance and Information for Candidates
- It is the reponsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Regulations and Guidance for Candidates Booklet
- Failure to abide by these Regulations could result in disqualification
Our latest examination results are available to view online or download from our Examination Results page.
Results Days for Summer Examinations
- Year 13 (GCE/Level 3)
Thursday, 17 August – 9.00am
- Year 12 (GCE/Level 3)
Thursday, 17 August – 12.00pm
- Year 11 (GCSE/Levels 1 & 2)
Thursday, 24 August – 9.00am
Full details on results day can be found in the following news article: Results day information for 2017
Any student who is unable to collect their results on the appropriate date should make prior arrangements with the Examination Office in person or by email to email@example.com before the end of the Academic year (Friday, 21 July 2017).
GCSE/Levels 1 & 2 certificates will be presented to students attending the Former Year 11 Awards Evening: Wednesday, 23 November 2016
GCE/Level 3 certificates will be presented to students attending the Former Year 13 Awards Evening: Thursday, 5 January 2017
For any students not attending these Awards Evenings, a request to arrange a convenient collection time for their certificates should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately Landau Forte College Derby cannot deal with any requests for replacement certificates.
Students must apply direct to the appropriate Awarding Body. Details and costs can be found on the relevant websites via these links