Examinations are an integral part of student learning at the College. Students are supported and prepared for all examinations appropriately. Our excellent reputation with the Awarding Bodies is maintained by our strict adherence to assessment processes and procedures.
Specific arrangements for students with individual needs can be put in place to ensure they can access an assessment. This will give them a level playing field in which to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding.
Re-sit opportunities in Term 2 for GCSE Maths and English Language only.
- Monday, 5 November – Monday, 12 November (inclusive)
External vocational examinations.
- Wednesday, 9 January – Wednesday, 23 January (inclusive)
Main external examinations begin:
- Monday, 13 May – Tuesday, 25 June (inclusive)
- Monday, 27 May – Friday, 31 May: Spring Bank Holiday Week – No examinations
Internal Trial Examinations
The examinations below are for Years 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- October 2018
- Year 10: 1st Trial Examinations : W/c 1 October
- Year 11: 1st Trial Examinations : W/c 8 October
- November 2018
- Year 13: 1st Trial Examinations : W/c 5 November
- January 2019
- Year 11: 2nd Trial Examinations : W/c 7 January
- Year 13: 2nd Trial Examinations : W/c 14 January
- March 2019
- Year 12: Mid year Trial Examinations : W/c 4 March
- Year 11: Final Trial Examinations : W/c 11 March
- Year 13: Final Trial Examinations : W/c 25 March
- June 2019
- Year 12: End of year Trial Examinations : W/c 24 June (TBC)
- Year 10: End of year Trial Examinations : W/c 24 June (TBC)
Latest Examination Timetable
Students will be issued with their own ‘Individual Provisional Examination Timetable’ during Term 3. Subsequently students and parent/carers will receive a ‘FINAL Individual Examination Timetable’ during Term 4 which will provide precise dates, times and venues as these can vary on an individual basis.
Students MUST refer to their own Final Timetable for information and not rely on any other sources of information.
We are unable to supply any individual examination dates until Provisional Exam Timetables are issued to students in February.
The dates of the external examinations given on these pages are taken from the timetables published by the Awarding Bodies and as such the College cannot accept any liability for problems arising from errors or omissions of these dates.
For the most up-to-date examination information follow the links above to the Awarding Body websites.
Entry to Examinations
- College dress must be worn at ALL times
- ALL students must arrive fully prepared and equipped for their examinations.
- Year 13 students must attend College for morning examinations by 08:30 latest and for afternoon examination at least 1 hour prior to the start of their examination. Students must use the electronic registration system to record their arrival/departure.
- Year 12 students who are undertaking external examinations are required to follow their normal timetable and will receive further information Term 4 regarding any revision leave allowed.
- Year 11 students will be issued with a personalised Examination Organiser which will detail the compulsory examination preparation sessions they are required to attend.
- Any LATENESS to the examinations could jeopardise their work being accepted by the Awarding Bodies.
- If, prior to or on the day of any examination, a student feels that their work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, they must report this immediately to the Examination Officer. The student should NOT report to any exam room or invigilator they must always, in the first instance, speak to the Examination Officer.
Regulations & Guidance and Information for Candidates
- It is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Regulations and Guidance for Candidates Booklet
- Failure to abide by these Regulations could result in disqualification
Our latest examination results are available to view online or download from our Examination Results page.
Results Days for Summer Examinations
- Year 13 (GCE/Vocational – Level 3)
Thursday, 15 August 2019 – 9.00am
- Year 12 (GCE/Vocational – Level 3)
Thursday, 15 August 2019 – 12.00pm
- Year 11 (GCSE/Vocational – Levels 1 & 2)
Thursday, 22 August 2019 – 9.00am
Any student who is unable to collect their results on the appropriate date should make prior arrangements with the Examination Office in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the Academic year (Friday, 19 July 2019).
GCSE/Levels 1 & 2 certificates will be presented to students attending the Former Year 11 Presentation Evening: Wednesday, 28 November 2018
GCE/Level 3 certificates will be presented to students attending the Former Year 13 Presentation Evening: Wednesday, 12 December 2018
For any students not attending these Awards Evenings, a request to arrange a convenient collection time for their certificates should be emailed to: email@example.com
GCE/GCSE/Vocational certificates prior to the current academic year can be collected from Mrs N Murton. Please call the College (01332 204040) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection. These must be collected by the student and signed for. Alternatively they can be collected by a nominated person with a signed and dated note from the student.
Unfortunately Landau Forte College Derby cannot deal with any requests for replacement certificates.
Students must apply direct to the appropriate Awarding Body. Details and costs can be found on the relevant websites via these links