2021 Examinations & Assessments
With examinations cancelled for summer 2021 Teacher Assessed Grades, based on evidence gathered on students’ performance and competence, will be provided to exam boards instead.
Examinations are an integral part of student learning at the College. Students are supported and prepared for all examinations appropriately. Our excellent reputation with the Awarding Bodies is maintained by our strict adherence to assessment processes and procedures.
Specific arrangements for students with individual needs can be put in place to ensure they can access an assessment. This will give them a level playing field in which to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding.
The College has established a strong reputation for the consistently high level examination achievements of its students. We are fully committed to the principle of continuous improvement and are constantly striving to further improve our performance ensuring that we maintain our distinctive culture and ethos and our strong partnerships with the world of business and industry.
Year 11 examination results
|Percentage of students achieving 5 or above in English and Mathematics||51%||59%||58%||64%|
|Percentage of students achieving 4 or above in English and Mathematics||72%||78%||82%||77%|
|Percentage of disadvantaged students achieving 5 or above in English and Mathematics||43%||55%||38%||54%|
|Percentage of disadvantaged students achieving 4 or above in English and Mathematics||59%||76%||82%||70%|
|Progress 8 score||+0.37||+0.53||+0.66||+0.71|
|Attainment 8 score||51.4||54.68||55.91||55.8|
|Disadvantaged students' Progress 8 score||+0.27||+0.44||+0.27||+0.66|
|Disadvantaged students' Attainment 8 score||49.31||52.65||53.31||52.5|
|Percentage of pupils entering the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) combination of subjects||21%||54%||50%||54%|
|Average EBacc APS score per pupil||-||-||5.04||5.1|
|Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) combination of subjects||18%||45%||40%||38%|
|The percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Year 13 examination results
Level 3 Value Added Data (Un-Validated)
|Value Added score||+0.16||+0.25||+0.17||+0.41|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.04||+0.11||+0.02||+0.27|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.28||+0.4||+0.31||+0.56|
|Number of A level entries||346||234||240||232|
|Value Added score||+0.18||+0.28||+0.17||+0.44|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.06||+0.14||+0.03||0.3|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.3||+0.42||+0.3||0.58|
|Number of academic entries||380||253||251||261|
|Value Added score||+0.52||+0.41||+0.31||+0.27|
|Lower confidence limit||+0.29||+0.21||+0.13||+0.1|
|Upper confidence limit||+0.75||+0.61||+0.49||+0.44|
|Number of applied general entries||103||68||83||99|
- AS/A Level External Exams – W/C Monday, 4 October 2021
- GCSE Level External Exams – W/C Monday, 1 November 2021
- Vocational Exams – W/C Monday, 4 January 2022
- Vocational Exams – W/C Monday, 7 March 2022
- GCSE Art Exam – W/C Monday, 11 April 2022
- A Level Art Exam – W/C Monday, 3 May 2022
- AS/A Level Exams – W/C Monday, 16 May 2022 (To be confirmed)
- GCSE Exams – W/C Monday, 16 May 2022 (To be confirmed)
- AS/A Level Exams – W/C Monday, 6 June 2022 (To be confirmed)
- GCSE Exams – W/C Monday, 6 June 2022 (To be confirmed)
Internal Trial Examinations
- Year 11 – W/C Monday, 15 November 2021
- Year 13 – W/C Monday, 15 November 2021
- Year 11 – W/C Monday, 24 January 2022
- Year 13 – W/C Monday, 24 January 2022
- Year 12 – W/C Monday, 28 February 2022
- Year 11 – W/C Monday, 28 March 2022
- Year 13 – W/C Monday, 28 March 2022
- Year 10 – W/C Monday, 20 June 2022 (Subject to change)
- Year 12 – W/C Monday, 20 June 2022 (Subject to change)
Latest Examination Timetable
Students will be issued with their own ‘Individual Provisional Examination Timetable’ during Term 3. Subsequently students and parent/carers will receive a ‘FINAL Individual Examination Timetable’ during Term 4 which will provide precise dates, times and venues as these can vary on an individual basis.
Students MUST refer to their own Final Timetable for information and not rely on any other sources of information.
We are unable to supply any individual examination dates until Provisional Exam Timetables are issued to students in February.
The dates of the external examinations given on these pages are taken from the timetables published by the Awarding Bodies and as such the College cannot accept any liability for problems arising from errors or omissions of these dates.
For the most up-to-date examination information follow the links above to the Awarding Body websites.
Entry to Examinations
- College dress must be worn at ALL times
- ALL students must arrive fully prepared and equipped for their examinations.
- Year 13 students must attend College for morning examinations by 08:30 latest and for afternoon examination at least 1 hour prior to the start of their examination. Students must use the electronic registration system to record their arrival/departure.
- Year 12 students who are undertaking external examinations are required to follow their normal timetable and will receive further information Term 4 regarding any revision leave allowed.
- Year 11 students will be issued with a personalised Examination Organiser which will detail the compulsory examination preparation sessions they are required to attend.
- Any LATENESS to the examinations could jeopardise their work being accepted by the Awarding Bodies.
- If, prior to or on the day of any examination, a student feels that their work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, they must report this immediately to the Examination Officer. The student should NOT report to any exam room or invigilator they must always, in the first instance, speak to the Examination Officer.
Regulations & Guidance and Information for Candidates
- It is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Regulations and Guidance for Candidates Booklet
- Failure to abide by these Regulations could result in disqualification
Collecting your results
Results Day for A Levels, AS Levels and Vocational subjects, is Tuesday, 10 August 2021. The arrangements for students collecting their results this year will be as follows:
- Year 13 students receiving A Level and Vocational Results – Results will be issued from 8.30 AM
- Year 12 students receiving AS Level Results – Results will be issued from 10.30 AM
Year 11 collections
Results Day for Year 11 students is Thursday, 12 August 2021. In order to maintain safe social distancing, we ask that students only arrive at the specific timeslots identified below. Students will be asked to vacate the building after receiving their results.
Exam results will be given out based on the letter your surname begins with:
- A – C – 8.30 AM
- D – H – 8.30 AM
- I – L – 9.00 AM
- M – R – 9.30 AM
- S – Z – 10.00 AM
Any student who is unable to collect their results on the appropriate date should make prior arrangements with the Examination Office by completing the Candidate Consent Form, see below, and return by email to [email protected]. The Consent form must be signed and returned before the end of the academic year (Friday, 19 July). The College will be unable to issue any student’s results to any other representative without a completed Consent Form. Results not collected on the appropriate date will be posted to the student’s home address (1st class post). Students should ensure the College holds their correct home address.
GCE/GCSE/Vocational Examination Certificates will be posted out via Royal Mail signed for at point of delivery at the beginning of December.
Certificates will be sent to the address held on record at the centre. Any change of address should be notified in writing through the official change in details process. The centre does not take responsibility for certificates sent out to addresses where this process has not been followed.
If your details have changed since attending the College please contact us: [email protected]
If you have not received your certificates by the end of December, please contact the College: [email protected]
Unfortunately, Landau Forte College Derby cannot deal with any requests for replacement certificates.
Students must apply directly to the appropriate Awarding Body. Details and costs can be found on the relevant websites via these links